By Judith Rasband, AICI CIM
- Tip to Improve Your Image #1: Wear clothes that fit well — you’ll look slimmer and smarter in clothes that fit with a little extra ease around the body.
- Tip to Improve Your Image #2: Rather than limiting yourself to a narrow range of clothing styles, colors or fabrics, remain open. Become more aware of creative combinations in line, shape, color and texture as shown in magazine pictures and store displays.
- Tip to Improve Your Image #3: Don’t overdo the accessories and decorative detail in your outfit. Create one major point of emphasis with decoration or accessories, usually near your face. All other areas and accessories should be less important in the amount of attention they claim.
- Tip to Improve Your Image #4: Clothing worn dancing on Saturday night isn’t appropriate for the office. Save the glitter and glitz for after dark.
- Tip to Improve Your Image #5: Don’t be afraid to try out a new look for fear of making a mistake. Experiment with looks you like. If you make an occasional mistake, it’s a good indication that you’re learning. And when you resolve not to make that same mistake again, you come closer to your goal of creating the look you like.
Resolutions give purpose, structure and control to our lives — goals to work toward as you begin the new year. Set yourself small, realistic goals with immediate results.
If you have questions about how to begin and reach your image-improvement goals, send them to judith [at] conselle[dot] com.
Copyright Judith Rasband and Conselle L.C. 2009
Judith Rasband is the Image Expert and would love to work with you! 2010 is a great time to turn the page and welcome in a more authentic version of you. Visit www.conselle.com or call 801-224-1207 to learn more.