By Judith Rasband, AICI CIM and Dani Slaugh, Conselle Affiliate
Summer weather naturally inspires many of us to relax a bit, hang out, and enjoy the outdoors. It’s difficult to transition from relaxing summer weekends to rigid work days. And even harder to balance dressing for business in the summer without looking like a beach bum. Here are a few guidelines to help you look and feel great in the office without looking like you’re on vacation. You will be wise to avoid……..
- Polo style shirts for men that appear worn and faded.
- Wrinkled khakis.
- Tattoos that become more visible as clothing layers or fabrics get thinner.
- Short skirts and bare legs resembling a beach cover-up.
- Women wearing sleeveless tops/dresses that show a bit of armpit.
- Long hair pulled up in a messy bun style.
- Sandals worn without routine pedicures.
- Women wearing sheer tops showing their bra underneath.
Next time you’re on vacation, take a minute to reflect on the ideal person, employee, boss that you want to become. Does your appearance reflect this ideal image? Or are you perceived differently by those you work with? Remember, the way you look affects the way you think, the way you feel, the way you speak, the way you act, and then…the way others react or respond to you. One small change can start a chain reaction leading you to become the person you’ve always dreamed of being.
Get more advise on casual dress in the office here: http://www.conselle.com/business-casual-dress-article.php