Your inspiration to make fashion and beauty changes may hit an all-time low during these short gloomy days, and your spirits may sag as well. To the rescue, minimum-effort image boosts to lift your look, and projects that are engrossing and rewarding enough to make the year’s dreariest twenty-eight days seem to fly by:
1. Tap into the instant cheer of a bright colored sweater.
2. Send handmade Valentines – a labor of love.
3. Give your hair the glow the sun can’t this time of year. After washing and conditioning your hair, add a spritz of hair oil, such as L’Oreal’s Mythic Rich Oil, and finger through your hair.
4. Go for the polish of perfect finger or toe nails. Those toes may not see the beach soon, but give them a splash of color and your spirits may be sunnier.
5. Give into the pleasures of those sensory luxuries, such as a silky shirt, soft knit scarf, or leather gloves – more easily affordable at end of season sales.
6. Delve into a long, absorbing novel, such as Victory Hugo’s Les Miserables or Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina….or take yourself to the movies.
7. Get out and work out. Exercise is a great anti-depressant. Bundle up and go for a walk. If you enjoy hiking in summer, rent some snow shoes and try hiking it in the winter.