Why is it that so few people know how to dress well? Why doesn’t everyone look terrific? Excuses. Endless excuses are given to justify or unload responsibility for a poor appearance. To begin, we have to overcome the Puritan holdover that say looking great is vain and somehow a sin.
Typical Excuse / Attitude
- “I don’t want to look fake.” Too vain.
- “I could be more attractive if I had the money.” Too expensive.
- “I don’t have time to shop, I’m just too busy.” Too time consuming.
- “I would look better if I weren’t so heavy. When I lose…” Too much weight.
- “My mother never taught me about fashion. I would look better if I knew how.” Too much to learn.
- “I’ve been dressing myself every day since kindergarten. What’s there to know about clothes?” Too much for granted.
- “I couldn’t care less. Clothes really don’t matter.” Too little value.
- “It’s the designers and fashion of today that make me look so bad.” Too ridiculous.
- “It’s all a matter of opinion. Anything goes.” Or, “It’s so confusing, I don’t know what to believe anymore.” Too many opinions.
- “I’m overwhelmed by so much to choose from” Too many options.
- “I don’t want to even look at myself.” Too personal.
- “It’s so much work, I give up before I begin.” Too hard.
- “If I look good, people notice me, then they expect too much from me.” Too much attention.
Forget the excuses. There are no valid excuses. Conselle has the solution to every excuse. We will take out the fear, the frustration, and put back in the fun and logic of fashion. Yes, fun and logic can intertwine to create a harmonious, confident, fabulous you. Are you or someone you know living in fear? We can help. Book an appointment for a Discovery Call and receive a free snag repair tool from our Fashion Emergency Tool Kit.